Medical Social Worker Jobs
American Healthcare Staffing is dedicated to providing a level of service to our clients that has paved the way to rewarding Medical Social Worker job opportunities. We offer contract, temp-to-perm, per diem and direct placement Medical Social Worker positions. As a AHS employee you can enjoy working with a variety of patients in some of the most prestigious medical facilities nationwide.
Apply for one of our medical social worker jobs today or read below to see some of the opportunities we offer.
Medical Social Worker
A Medical Social Worker provides medically necessary intervention to patients who have social or emotional problems which are or are expected to be an impediment to the effective treatment of the patient’s medical condition and/or rate of recovery. Job duties of a Medical Social Worker may include:
- Providing medically necessary social work intervention in accordance with Physician’s orders
- Assessing patient’s psychosocial needs, planning for, evaluating, and modifying interventions to meet the established patient goals
- Collaborating with all disciplines to plan and evaluate team goals for each patient
- Facilitating patient referrals to community agencies when appropriate
- Providing financial counseling when necessary to achieve the treatment goals established by the multi-disciplinary team
- Assisting patient/family/caregivers in planning for present and future psychosocial needs as related to the patient’s current status and prognosis, including terminal illness.
- Observing and reporting patient progress and/or changes in patient status to Physician and appropriate multi-disciplinary team members
- Participating in Multi-Disciplinary Patient Care Conference, PI Committees, Professional Advisory Board and AHS in-services programs
- Other duties as assigned